IIA Volunteer Leadership
With more than 190,000 members in over 170 countries, The IIA provides dynamic leadership for the global profession of internal auditing. Volunteers play a key role and the contributions they make impact the day-to-day functions of internal auditors, as well as shape the future of the internal audit profession.
The IIA nominations for the 2019-20 term closed on Oct. 17, 2018 and will re-open in early Sept. 2019.
Nominations for 2019‒20 term closed Oct. 17, 2018. Below is a general timeline of when selections are completed and candidates are notified each year:
||Global Board of Directors and Internal Audit Foundation Board of Trustees|
||Committee Chairmen are appointed|
||Committee members (all candidates are contacted whether selected or not)|
Become an IIA Volunteer
There are many ways you can get involved with The IIA. Whether you are an experienced leader or just entering the field of internal auditing, there is a place for you — locally or globally — at The IIA.
- Join your local chapter or affiliate today!
- Serve on the board
- Recruit new members
- Chair or serve on a committee
- Plan activities for International Internal Audit Awareness Month
- Attend local events to share your best practices and solutions
- Support the development and execution of programs, events, and local training
- Serve on an IIA global committee
- Become a global board member
- Contribute or write for one of The IIA’s publications
- Serve as an IIA conference session presenter
- Become an IIA seminar instructor
- Serve as a quality assessment team member
- Provide translations for IIA materials
- Volunteer as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to guidance
- Certifications item writer