Certified Financial Services Auditor® (CFSA®) Exam Syllabus
The CFSA exam tests a candidate's knowledge of current auditing practices and understanding of internal audit issues, risks, and remedies in the financial services industry.
- The exam consists of 115 multiple-choice questions.
- The testing period is two hours and fifty-five minutes.
- Exam questions are all multiple-choice (objective) with four answer choices.
- 80% of the exam covers four domains: Financial Services Auditing, Auditing Financial Services Products, Auditing Financial Service Processes, and The Regulatory Environment.
- The remaining 20% relate to the candidates' chosen discipline and will be at the proficiency level.
- CFSA candidates may choose any one of the three disciplines as part of their CFSA exam test.
- Candidates may not choose to be tested on more than one discipline.
- The CFSA designation does not distinguish one chosen discipline from another.
The CFSA exam is a non-disclosed examination, which means that current exam questions and answers will not be published or divulged.
NOTE: Exam topics and/or format are subject to change as approved by The IIA's Professional Certification Board (PCB).
CFSA Exam Domains
The CFSA exam core content covers four domains:
CFSA Exam Individual Disciplines