CIA Exam: Why, How, and What Is Changing January 2019
To ensure the material within all three parts of the CIA exam stays current and valid, the CIA underwent a global job analysis study to determine the knowledge, skills, and abilities most applicable to today’s internal audit practitioners. The study results indicated the need to revise the exam syllabi to reflect the evolution of the internal audit profession worldwide.
- Three exam parts are balanced, clear, and uniform.
- Minimal duplication and overlap among exam parts.
- Aligned with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Up-to-date with the current global practice of internal auditing.
- Covers the knowledge, skills, and abilities exam candidates must possess to be the most competent and capable internal auditor possible.
|CIA Exam Part One: Essentials of Internal Auditing
||CIA Exam Part Two: Practice of Internal Auditing
||CIA Exam Part Three: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing|
The updated CIA exams will take effect January 2019, in English only. The transition plan for non-English exams will be released in March 2018. Each candidate should review the changes and determine the best timing to complete their individual studies and take the exam. Please review the CIA Exam: Why and How It’s Changing Handbook and CIA Exam: FAQs below for additional details.
The IIA’s Customer Relations team is available to assist CIA candidates during the transition. Call +1-407-937-1111 or email CustomerRelations@theiia.org.