Certification Online Testing — Available Now
To support the continued professional development of certification candidates around the world and in response to mass Pearson VUE test center closures due to COVID-19, The IIA has adopted online testing to enable candidates to take the Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®), Certification in Risk Management Assurance®️ (CRMA®️), and CIA Challenge exams from home. This flexible testing option will be available for a limited time.
What Is Online Testing?
Online testing allows candidates to take an IIA certification exam using their own computer in their home, their office, or remotely in other acceptable locations. Visit the Pearson VUE online proctoring page for system requirements and additional information. Click on the image below to watch a short video to learn more.
Online Testing Languages and Pricing
Online testing is currently available in the following languages:
- CIA (All Parts): Arabic, Chinese Traditional, English, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, and Turkish
- CRMA: English only
Online testing is not offered in all markets including Cuba, mainland China, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Please note that Greeters/Proctors/Tech Support are available in English only.
Visit the certification pricing webpage for fee information.
Taking your Exam via Online Testing
Now that you have made the decision to continue with your certification program via online testing, please follow the below steps to begin your exam.
- Log into your CCMS account.
- Select “Access Pearson VUE” on the CCMS home page. [View example]
- Under “Open Online Exams” on your Dashboard click the scheduled examination link. [View example]
- Select “Begin Exam”.
- You will be asked to download the OnVUE application and run the program.
- Complete the check-in process by following the screen prompts (you may use a mobile phone or your computer webcam). Be sure to have your Government Issued ID ready.
System Requirements, Technology and Equipment Compatibility
Please visit the Pearson VUE Online Proctor page to learn more including how to perform a system test. Additionally, please consider the following when taking your exam:
- Candidates should use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to take their exam online as Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Pearson VUE is aware of issues with Mac devices when attempting to take the test online. Until this issue is resolved, candidates are encouraged to use non-Mac devices to complete online testing. If that is not an option, you should consider taking at a test center.
- Candidates are required to meet all system requirements as listed in the FAQ section of the Pearson VUE online testing page and assume responsibility for meeting these technical requirements, including internet connectivity, prior to scheduling an exam.
To prepare and understand the check-in procedures and system requirements for online testing, visit the Pearson VUE Online Proctor page and click “run system test”. Download the application and follow the prompts; this process is identical to checking in for your upcoming exam. This program will also test your system to determine if it meets the requirements needed to take the exam via online testing.
Accessing Score Reports
Approximately 24 hours after you have completed your exam, you will receive a system-generated email to notify you that your exam score is available. You may also check your score online by logging into your CCMS profile and selecting “Access Pearson VUE” then select “View Score Reports”.