Coming Soon! New Internal Audit Practitioner Program
The IIA is pleased to announce that on November 2, we will launch a new Internal Audit Practitioner program and exam. The new program is designed to better meet the professional development needs of students and new or rotational internal auditors. Those who obtain the new Internal Audit Practitioner designation will demonstrate commitment and build credibility within their current or future organizations.
The changes to the overall program open a new pathway to the Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) designation, the globally recognized certification for internal audit practitioners around the world.
Highlights of the New Program
The introduction of the new program equips students and internal audit professionals who are committed to the profession and aspire to become a CIA with the tools needed to begin their certification journey. Some of the program enhancements are noted below:
- New Exam:Unlike the current Internal Audit Practitioner program that includes the requirement to pass the CIA Part 1 exam, the new program will have its own exam comprised of 100 multiple choice questions. Multiple choice questions will consist of three response options versus four.
- Work Experience:There is no longer a requirement of six months of internal audit work experience; which makes the program ideal for current students and new internal auditors.
- Program Fees: The program fees will be lower – application and exam registration will be US$225 (US$75 + US$150) for members and US$400 (US$150 + US$250) for nonmembers.
- Exam Preparation:Access to interactive exam practice questions is included in the application fee.
- CPE Reporting: There is no requirement to report CPE.
- Designation: Internal Audit Practitioner designation remains a temporary designation valid for three years.
- New CIA Pathway:Education requirements to enter the CIA program will be waived for active Internal Audit Practitioner designation holders. Individuals may progress to the CIA program and complete all three exam parts of the CIA and applicable program requirements.
Current Internal Audit Practitioner Program
The current Internal Audit Practitioner program is available until November 1, 2020 at which time the new program and exam will be available. More information on the current program, fees and eligibility requirements, can be found on the following webpages: Internal Audit Practitioner FAQ and Pricing Structure. If you wish to enter the current program before it changes, you must register through CCMS before November 2, 2020.
If you applied to or were approved for the current Audit Practitioner program as of November 1, 2020, please take a moment to visit the Internal Audit Practitioner transition webpage to learn if the new program will impact your current certification journey.