Beta Testing for the New CRMA
The IIA is seeking active Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) certification holders to participate in a Certification in Risk Management Assurance® (CRMA®) Beta Test. Candidates who take the Beta Test can earn their CRMA for a reduced fee.
Recent changes to the CRMA program have further enhanced this prestigious designation and include:
- More robust eligibility requirements, including holding the CIA as a prerequisite.
- An updated exam that more accurately reflects current global practices for organization level risk management assurance.
- A variety of question types on the exam (check out the interactive demonstration).
- Extended seat time for the exam.
Review a complete list of changes in the “CRMA Program: Why and How It’s Changing” handbook.
Interested candidates can apply for the CRMA Beta Test at https://ccms.theiia.org/.
Below is additional information to help interested candidates prepare for the 2021 CRMA Beta Test.
What Does the Updated CRMA Exam Look Like?
The exam covers three content areas:
- Internal audit roles and responsibilities (20%)
- Risk management governance (25%)
- Risk management assurance (55%)
What is the 2021 CRMA Beta Test?
The Beta Test consists of 150 questions, including multiple choice questions and advanced type questions. Test takers are allotted 180 minutes to complete the exam. Those who take the Beta Test will receive their results in September 2021. Passing the Beta Test is considered passing the CRMA exam.
- 1 April: New CRMA program application available.
- 1 May to 30 June: Approved candidates must sit for the Beta Test.
- September: Candidates who take the Beta Test will receive their exam results, and those who pass the Beta Test will earn the CRMA designation.
- 1 October: Official release of the revised CRMA exam (CRMA candidates who did not participate in the Beta Test may schedule and sit for the exam).
How Much Does the 2021 CRMA Beta Test Cost?
- The application fee for the updated CRMA program will be waived (savings of US$95 for IIA members and $210 for nonmembers).
Where Will I Take the 2021 CRMA Beta Test?
The Beta Test will only be offered at Pearson VUE test centers. Find the closest Pearson VUE test center.
How Can I Prepare for the Exam?
The Internal Audit Foundation has published a new edition of CRMA Exam Study Guide and Practice Questions. It compiles the comprehensive review material needed to prepare for the exam. Crucial information for each of the three official exam domains is presented in this one-of-a-kind study guide, which includes the exam syllabus, key terms, and 200 sample CRMA exam practice questions with suggested solutions and explanations. IIA members save 20% off the purchase price. Learn more.
In addition to the above study material, candidates may find a list of other reference material derived from the body of knowledge for risk management assurance. View the CRMA Reference List in the “CRMA Program: Why and How It’s Changing” handbook.
CRMA Eligibility Requirements
View the CRMA Eligibility Requirements webpage.