Global Briefing: Root Cause Analysis Practice Advisory
The following online sessions are available. Registration is required at least 24 hours in advance.
- Tuesday, February 5, UTC/GMT 20:00–21:00 (which is 3:00–4:00 p.m. US ET)
- Tuesday, February 19, UTC/GMT 12:00–13:00 (which is 7:00–8:00 a.m. US ET)
- Wednesday, February 27, UTC/GMT 00:00–01:00 (which is 7:00–8:00 p.m. US ET on Tuesday, February 26)
Use this World Clock Converter to help you determine the time of the event in your time zone.
Internal auditors must base conclusions and engagement results on appropriate analyses and evaluations. During this webinar, attendees will learn:
- How root cause analysis is defined from an internal audit perspective.
- What role internal auditors play in analyzing and identifying root cause(s).
- How root cause analysis benefits the organization.
- How to gain senior management support for internal audit’s root cause analysis efforts.
James Rose, CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CRMA
Vice President and Chief Audit Officer, Humana
James Rose is the vice president and chief audit officer for Humana, a publicly traded health and wellness company. In addition to his chief audit executive role, Mr. Rose helped establish and currently leads the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management program including the implementation of an Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance technology platform.
James began his career as a foreign service officer with the Office of the Inspector General of the U.S. Agency for International Development, reviewing foreign economic assistance programs in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, and Central Asia. He also worked as director of financial audits with the Auditor of Public Accounts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and then as director of performance audits, leading the effort to create the department that now conducts performance and operational reviews of state programs.
James currently serves as Vice-Chairman of The IIA's International Professional Issues Committee, which drafts the practice guidelines for the profession worldwide. He also serves as co-lead of the Data Analysis and Review Committee of the Healthcare Fraud Prevention Partnership, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Justice. In addition, James recently began a three-year term on the Audit Committee of the Rome, Italy-based United Nations World Food Programme.
Course Duration: 1 hour
CPE Hours Available: 1
Knowledge Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Format: Internet Group Live