International Conference 2020 Goes Entirely Online With Sessions Offered Live and Recorded in 16 Languages
Nov. 2–4 event brings full in-person experience to livestreaming
LAKE MARY, Fla. (September 3, 2020) — As the world continues to respond to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) announces that, to ensure the safety of members and participants of its events, it is moving the full program of its premier global event for internal auditors, International Conference 2020, to a virtual platform.
Previously scheduled to be held in South Florida, the three-day conference Nov. 2–4 will be offered exclusively online, with sessions live and recorded and all translated in 16 languages. The registration fee also has been lowered for the virtual event.
“The IIA’s International Conference annually attracts thousands from around the world with an array of informative and engaging keynote speakers and educational sessions that allow practitioners and others stay up to date on key issues and topics and advance the role of internal audit,” said IIA 2020–21 Global Chair Jenitha John, CIA, QIAL. “This year’s program will offer no less, with livestreaming of sessions ranging from very timely presentations on workforce trends, technology innovation, ethics, talent management, cybersecurity risks and compliance, and much more to an engaging conversation on sustainability that includes leading representatives from the United Nations, the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC), and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) of the Treadway Commission.”
This year’s International Conference will include:
- Educational streams on issues ranging from global insights and technology to cybersecurity and privacy, as well as career-advancement programs.
- Six general and more than two dozen concurrent sessions, each available in Arabic, Bengali, Chinese simplified and traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Tamil.
- Interactive/networking opportunities, including a virtual exhibit hall.
- The ability to earn up to 17.7 CPE credits.
- Pre-conference workshops Nov. 1 on automation and fraud.
Featured presentations include:
- Gen-Power: Unleashing the Potential of Every Generation, presented by Seth Mattison, workforce trends expert and co-founder and Chief Officer Movement at Luminate Labs.
- How Hackers Attack and How to Fight Back, presented by Kevin Mitnick, bestselling author and CEO of Mitnick Security Consulting.
- Leading a Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard, presented by Dan Heath, senior fellow at Duke University’s Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) and co-author of four New York Times bestselling books.
- Sustainable Organizations — Sustainable World, a panel discussion hosted by COSO Chairman and former IIA Global Chairman (2013-14) Paul Sobel and including Satya S. Tripathi, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and Secretary of the UN Environment Management Group; Tessy de Nassau, social entrepreneur, businesswoman, philanthropist, UNAIDS ambassador, public speaker, and activist; and Richard G. Sexton, board member of the International Integrated Reporting Council.
- The Future of Everything, presented by Jason Silva, Emmy-nominated TV personality, speaker, and futurist.
- The Irresistible Power of Strategic Storytelling, presented by Kindra Hall, president and chief storytelling officer at Steller Collective.
For more information, including a full program, speaker bios, and other details, including the adjustment to registration fees, visit The IIA’s International Conference 2020 website.
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the internal audit profession’s most widely recognized advocate, educator, and provider of standards, guidance, and certifications. Established in 1941, The IIA today serves more than 200,000 members from nearly 200 countries and territories. The IIA’s global headquarters are in Lake Mary, Fla. For more information, visit www.theiia.org or www.globaliia.org.