Become a Global Guidance Contributor
You have a unique opportunity to share the valuable insights and experiences acquired during your career in internal auditing with practitioners around the world through The IIA’s Global Guidance Contributor program.
Our contributors support the ongoing work conducted year-round to keep The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) fresh and relevant in service of the profession and how it is practiced globally.
We strive to obtain global input and perspectives for a range of topics covered by the IPPF, as well as industry-specific topics including Financial Services, IT, and Public Sector, in the area of Supplemental Guidance.
Benefits | Qualifications/Requirements | Application, Selection & Contribution Process | Commitment/Expectations | Apply Now
- Satisfaction of giving back to your profession by sharing your insights with practitioners around the world.
- Your name listed in select guidance projects as a contributor.
- Work with an elite, global group of professionals and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Up to 5 continuing professional education (CPE/CPD) credit hours per year.
To become a contributor, you should have:
- At least three years of recent internal audit experience or relevant consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework.
- Experience with best/leading practices and relevant subject matter expertise.
- The ability to participate in conference calls during and outside normal working hours.
- Complete the Global Guidance Contributor application and identify your area(s) of expertise. This will be stored in our secured database.
- Receive notification of acceptance into the Global Guidance Contributor program.
- If your experience and area(s) of expertise align with an upcoming guidance project, you will receive an invitation to join an online team of fellow participants and SMEs.
- Accept the invitation, confirm your availability, and sign and return a nondisclosure agreement (NDA).
- Be guided through the process of sharing your knowledge via team discussions/interviews by phone, email, and/or web-based meeting..
Volunteering involves a commitment of your time, but without travel. Each guidance project varies in the amount of time required or the number of virtual meetings, though a reasonable investment of time per project would be approximately 10 hours spread over the course of 12 weeks. This would include participating in one or two virtual team meetings, an individual phone interview with a professional guidance director, and reviewing two or three drafts of the guidance as an SME. Global Guidance Contributors should accept a particular project only if their schedule permits and they have the required expertise.
Start the process by completing the Global Guidance Contributor application. Contact The IIA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or assistance.